With more than a dozen years of experience in informal education, I develop—and help you develop— engaging and accessible media and learning experiences. View my portfolio. Then contact me to discuss how I can help you.
My writing focuses on your audience: what do they already know, and what do you want them to learn? I excel at simplifying complex scientific and technical topics.
- "Playing By the Rules: Fish, Fads, and Fireflies", an interactive museum exhibit about decentralized systems and emergent behavior
- Alexander's Horned Wild Sphere I, an art label written for an audience of math students
Whether written for a lay audience or for specialists in your field, most text can benefit from being looked over by an editor's fresh, unbiased eye. I can provide whatever editorial services your writing needs, from proofreading and copyediting to substantive editing and complete rewriting.
- Editing of biographical text about Edwin Land for an exhibition about great inventors
Beginning with goal and message development and proceeding through content research, image/video research, and writing, I create engaging and accessible visitor experiences.
- An excerpt from “Beyond the X-Ray”, an exhibition about medical imaging technologies
- "The Children and Computers Pyramid", an activity for adults developed for a series of forums on "Children and Computers: What's the Recommended Daily Allowance?"